Repeat prescriptions can either be requested;
Please allow 2 working days before collecting your repeat prescription. Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays are not working days so please plan ahead.
We would like to take this opportunity to outline our Practice Procedure for re-ordering medication, to prevent misunderstandings and delays in receiving your prescription.
- Certain drugs will be authorised by a Doctor for a certain amount of issues before they need to review your medication again, these are known as REPEATS. When you obtain a prescription your re-order form will contain a list of these drugs and how many more issues you may have before you need an appointment.
- Any medication that is not listed on your re-order form, even those you have had before, are known as ACUTES. These drugs may need to be monitored more closely and therefore are not authorised for a set number of issues.
- To process ACUTES more effectively we have produced a Medication Request Form, which is available from Reception or to download below. We are no longer able to accept requests other than those on our official Medication Request Form, so please ensure you complete one of the forms below for every item not on your re-order form.
Medication Request Form (PDF, 22KB)
Extensive exemption and remission arrangements protect those likely to have difficulty in paying charges (NHS prescription and dental charges, optical and hospital travel costs).
The NHS prescription charge is a flat-rate amount which successive Governments have thought it reasonable to charge for those who can afford to pay for their medicines. Prescription prepayment certificates (PPCs) offer real savings for people who need extensive medication
Prescription costs as of 1st April 2019
- The current prescription charge is £9.00.
- A three monthly PPC is £29.10. This saves you money if you need four or more items in three months.
- A 12 month certificate is £104.00 and saves money if 13 or more items are needed in 12 months.
- PPCs are available by 10 monthly direct debit instalment payments. The prescription prepayment certificates allow anyone to obtain all the prescriptions they need for £2 per week.
- Find out more about the prescription prepayment certificate.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website